On 10/24/2012 01:35 PM, M Henri Day wrote:
2012/10/24 Jeffrey Deutsch <jdeutsch.aspl...@gmail.com>

Hello,

In OpenOffice/LibreOffice, when I embed hyperlinks, how can I make
sure they will open in new windows?

I've tried both the in-house Help function and Google, but not found
anything useful quickly. Any help you can offer would be very much
appreciated.

Thank you!

Jeff Deutsch
Speaker & Life Coach
A SPLINT - ASPies LInking with NTs
http://www.asplint.com

Jeffry, I suspect that this is something that is rather regulated at the
level of the *reader*'s web browser, rather than that of the writer's
office suite. Thus, for example, when I perform «Ctrl + click» to open  a
hyperlink in a Writer document, if I've configured my browser (Firefox
Nightly 19.0a1 (2012-10-23)) so that «Open windows in a new tab» is ticked,
it opens in a new tab in the same window, whereas if this option is not
ticked, a new FF window is opened with a single tab, i e, in which the page
to which I've linked is launched. But perhaps I'm missing something....

Henri

Do you mean you want to use the hyperlink to open another Apache OpenOffice document (text, spreadsheet, slide show, or database)? If so, a macro is more likely what you would need instead of a hyperlink.

--Dan