David Crayford wrote:
>  We've
> submitted a project proposal (o4z-gnutools) to SourceForge so we can
> start working on this. It looks like it's
> going to be a long slog.

That sounds kinda off-beam in the sense that these tools are core GNU stuff
and any changes you make should be in the GNU tree.

I've had lotsa experience with frustrating GNU ports to IBM. There does
exist
a lot of help out on the Web for, e.g., AIX (arrrrgghh) ports of gcc
etc. And does
Neal Ferguson no longer dabble in this kind of support?

You may need a project less than you need a consultant or support from
Red Hat (into which the greatest of the GNU commercial support
organizations,
Cygnus Solutions, was folded years ago)

--
Jack J. Woehr            # "Self-delusion is
http://www.well.com/~jax #  half the battle!"