On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 2:36 PM, Rick McGuire <object.r...@gmail.com> wrote:

> This problem also showed up on Mac OS, and there was a bit of
> discussion about rewriting the value function to use setenv() and
> unsetenv(), but it does not appear that rewrite every happened.  I'm
> not sure I want that rewrite to happen now for the 4.0.1 release.

Thanks Rick.  Man, your memory is a ton better than mine.

That's correct, rewriting the value function was not done.  In the
back of my mind, I knew there was a problem on Mac OS and that I was
going to rewrite something.  I just forgot what function it was and
didn't connect it with Rainer's report.

It's not something I want to do for the 4.0.1 release either.