On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 9:53 AM, CVBruce <cvbr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Also, open64() is not supported because open() supports 64 bit
> operating systems.
>
> My quick and dirty #define lseek64 lseek didn't work.  It looks like I
> have some more work to do.

This looks like it works for other people:

#ifdef __APPLE__ & __MACH__
#define lseek64 lseek
#define open64 open
#endif

Not suggesting it as the proper long term fix.  Just something to try
to see if it works.  Are you sure you are putting the defines in a
place where they are picked up properly?

Long term, fixing the configure script seems like a possible solution to me.

Rick usually has good ideas for portable code, maybe he has an idea.