On Sat, Oct 29, 2011 at 3:46 PM, Chip Davis <c...@aviatrexx.com> wrote:

> I don't understand this.  Has the submitter misunderstood that the
> search order for subroutines/functions is not necessarily the same as
> that for commands?
>
> The former is documented in Sect.7.2.1.1 and seems to be nearly
> identical to the way it's described in my OS/2 REXX Reference (with
> the substitution of "directory of invoking program" for "function
> package".
>
> The latter has always been under control of the addressed environment.
>  There's never been any way that the Rexx processor could (or should,
> imo) control that.
>
> What I don't understand (partially because I can't see his test code)
> is how he got different results "prior to 4.1.0".
>
> What am I missing?

Hi Chip,

I don't know what you are missing either.  This is one of those things
that gives me a headache just trying to understand what the submitter is
saying.  <grin>  So, being busy today, I just brushed past it.

It's doubtful to me that the behavior changed between 4.0.1 and 4.1.0.
But, he did attach a test program, so I'll give it a try.

You should be able to download his test file by going to the tracker item
in SourceForge and downloading the attachment.