Dear P.O.:

On 16.09.2018 18:01, P.O. Jonsson wrote:
> This may be the explanation. Indeed „my“ installation now goes into
> /usr/local/
>
> With the information from Enrico, I have also managed to create a pkg
> installer using pkgbuild
> that can install to /usr/local so in principle this step could be added to
> the build process.
>
> There are a number of differences to „my build“
>
> Pkgbuild does not generate the welcome screen, the license info etc whereas
> my build have all that
> used to be also in the 4.1.2 installer
>
> Pkgbuild modifies the path to add
> /usr/local/oorexx5.0.0/bin:
> /usr/local/oorexx5.0.0/lib:
> /usr/local/oorexx5.0.0/share:
> /usr/local/oorexx5.0.0/include:
>
> Whereas  my build (the postinstall script) create symbolic links to those
> places.
>
> My build have a preinstall script that removes an earlier installation in the
> same place, the
> pkgbuild does not provide that (yet)
>
> @ Eric: Should I try to amend the build process on the Mac mini to include
> this last step? That
> would provide an installer also if it is not perfect.
hmm, I would not install the entire ooRexx package into its own directory
"ooRexx5.0.0" underneath
"/usr/local" (otherwise the "/usr/local" directory gets "cluttered" by third
party installed
software). Rather I would install it to "/opt" and only link those ooRexx
binaries constituting the
ooRexx interpreter from there to "/usr/local/bin" and "/usr/local/lib".

This is because "/usr/local" seems to not be meant for installing "third party
packages", rather
"/opt" is meant for that. [Under MacOSX in addition the Apple advised location
for installing
applications and frameworks would be a possible choice from which then links
occur to
"/usr/local/bin" and "/usr/local/lib". The BSF4ooRexx MacOSX packager does that
and honors the Apple
"Framework" and "Application" installation structure and links from those
locations to
"/usr/local/bin" and "/usr/local/lib".]

Best regards

---rony