Hello Rony, P.O

Why not consider Apple OS as a member of the *ix/*BSD family
and install as it was done once into /opt/oorexx ?
after all even SUSE - IIRC - suggest to install USER things in /opt

I am against installing into /usr/local ,
too many are using homebrew and You all know how it clobbers the usr/local
directory

furthermore  ( I do not know about the BSF… thing ) oorexx is NOT an
application/framework  bundle
so installing into the Application/frameworks  folders is just plain
illogic/inconsiderate

cheers
enrico

PS.
my mention of the rexxcps  pseudo performance results
was just to compare the consequence of building oorexx
without specifying the CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE
( the relevant cmake variables are empty - which implies NO optimization )
and using CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE Release/RelWithDebInfo with the proper flags
about 2millions cps vs around 11millions cps

thats a common error when using cmake ( forgetting the CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE)
the CMakeLists should fill the unsuffixed optimization flags with reasonable
defaults
( I use the same values used for the RelWithDebInfo flags )