I have progress to report on this front. After some debugging of stylesheets, I have been able to create a set of HTML files for the rxmath book (started small :-)). When I look at the HTML files for that book on ooRexx.org - the 4.0.0 version - I see lots of things that are different but at least I got the process to run to completion!

I decided to create a DOC2HTML cmd file and have it place the (many) created HTML files in a sub-folder named HTML_files\<book name>\. While I was at it, I addressed the other issues with the PDF creation as well. Once I have had a go at the HTML differences, I will make version 2 of the package available.

P.O.: any chance you could run the Publican process for building HTML for just the rxmath book and make the output files available? It might help me find what else I need to change so they look the same. Thanks!