Hi Jeremy,

my e-mail client is Thunderbird (TB) and it will supply different renderings of an e-mail if formatting is applied to it (using internally old HTML markup). TB in this particular e-mail message had an error, cf. the raw e-mail:

   --===============7589290489518836822==

   --------------UV9t08ohcUgOfViJQN0sYfFC

   Given the following Rexx program:

        a=.array~new
        /a[1,1]="a"/    /* first usage, makes array a two dimensional array */
        /*a[4,5]="b"*/

   ... cut ...

   --------------UV9t08ohcUgOfViJQN0sYfFC

      <head>

      </head>
          <pre>a=.array~new
   <i>a[1,1]="a"</i>   /* first usage, makes array a two dimensional array */

As you can see in the (second) "text/html" part the tags <i> and <b> get used. The "text/plain" rendering by TB is wrong in this case.

If you have a possibility to look at the HTML formatted version you would see (using a screenshot to make sure):

HTH,

---rony