On 02/17/2018 02:08 PM, Robin H. Johnson wrote:

Could you elaborate on your comment about GitLab branch permissions?
We don't have as much control over branch permissions as gitolite
offers.
Aside from some fancy VREFs in Gitolite, I've been able to do all of my
permissions identically in GitLabCE.

I suppose it was I who made that edit last year. I didn't know at the time how to manage user branches in a single repo with Gitlab, and I still don't. Honestly, I havent' really looked under the covers of how gitolite does it, but I realize it must be some feature of git that is being used to do it.

I mainly did this today to revive discussion on this topic in the community that seems to have stagnated.