Patrick,

You don't say what Linux distribution you are using nor what version of that distro. That would be useful information to have.

Off the top of my head, it sounds like you need to install postrgresql-devel package for your system. Or update your system to point to where it was installed.

HtH

Quoting "St-Jacques, Patrick" <patrick.st-jacq...@cra-arc.gc.ca>:

After all the problems I have getting evergreen to start , I decided to start from scratch so I installed opensrf fine and I am at the open-ils phase and when I do:

./configure --prefix=/openils --sysconfdir=/openils/conf

I get this error

configure: error: *** OpenILS requires libpq

I install sucessfully all the rpms for postgres 9.1

In the config.log file this is the error

configure:12271: checking for main in -lpq
configure:12290: gcc -o conftest -g -O2 conftest.c -lpq -lxslt -lxml2 -lreadline -lncurses -lexpat -ldbi -ldl >&5
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lpq
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

any help would be appreciated

--
Jason Stephenson
Assistant Director for Technology Services