From: open-ils-general-boun...@list.georgialibraries.org [mailto:open-ils-general-boun...@list.georgialibraries.org] On Behalf Of Jason Stephenson
Sent: July-05-12 2:20 PM
To: open-ils-general@list.georgialibraries.org
Subject: Re: [OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] error compiling evergrren

Patrick,

You don't say what Linux distribution you are using nor what version
of that distro. That would be useful information to have.

Off the top of my head, it sounds like you need to install
postrgresql-devel package for your system. Or update your system to
point to where it was installed.

HtH

Quoting "St-Jacques, Patrick" <patrick.st-jacq...@cra-arc.gc.ca>:

After all the problems I have getting evergreen to start , I decided
to start from scratch so I installed opensrf fine and I am at the
open-ils phase and when I do:

./configure --prefix=/openils --sysconfdir=/openils/conf

I get this error

configure: error: *** OpenILS requires libpq

I install sucessfully all the rpms for postgres 9.1

In the config.log file this is the error

configure:12271: checking for main in -lpq
configure:12290: gcc -o conftest -g -O2   conftest.c -lpq  -lxslt
-lxml2 -lreadline -lncurses -lexpat -ldbi -ldl  >&5
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lpq
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

any help would be appreciated

--
Jason Stephenson
Assistant Director for Technology Services