On Mar 5, 4:36 am, Mike Christie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Mike Christie wrote:
> >> Were there any default parameters changed from open-iscsi-2.0-707 and
> >> open-iscsi-2.0-865 ?
>
> > None, that should affect you like how you are seeing. Could you try this
> > tarball
> >http://kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/mnc/open-iscsi/releases/ope...
>
> > And try it with different IO schedulers by doing
> > cat > /sys/block/sdb/queue/scheduler
> > echo $ONE_OF_THE_VALUES_FROM_THE_CAT > /sys/block/sdb/queue/scheduler
>
> > Please be carefull with the tarball. It is not stable, and just for a
> > quick performance test.
>
> Oh yeah, could you also
> tryhttp://www.open-iscsi.org/bits/open-iscsi-2.0-868-rc1.tar.gz
> this one fixes a perf problem we saw with some other targets.

Right, I'm talking with SuSE at the moment, they want me to try
changing /sys/block/sdX/device/retries (from 5 to 10)  They also want
a tcpdump, but I've told them that will be in the gigabytes of size.
I gave them the tcpdump summary from above...

Once I've done experimenting with retries and send the details back to
SuSE I'll try your suggestions (-:

*phew* so busy... so much to do!

At the moment I'm using a development server for testing (it fails
just like the production servers do with the distro supplied open-
iscsi drivers), so I'm not worried if your tarball nukes the server.

Thanks again