Pete Wyckoff wrote:
> I confess to having lost the plot on the iface rearrangements.  I'm
> trying to mount up a remote iser target using 2.6.26-rc3 and
> open-iscsi git HEAD userspace plus hacks to read the new sysfs
> layout.
>
> The old style, before login, was to modify node.transport_name,
> which now has been changed to live on iface, apparently.  Doing the
> obvious switch doesn't work:
>
>     aib01$ iscsiadm -m node -p 10.100.2.32,3260 --op update \
>                     -n iface.transport_name -v iser
>     iscsiadm: Cannot modify iface.transport_name. Use iface mode to update
> this value.

With the git head you can just do

iscsiadm -m discovery -t st -p ip:port -I iser

This will setup iser for the portals found. You can then do

iscsiadm -m node -I iser -l

to log into all the portals bound to iser or do the normal commands

iscsiadm -m node -T target -p ip:port -l
iscsiadm -m node -T target -l
iscsiadm -m node -T target -I iser -l

For example f you have a combo of iser and tcp on the target you can do:

iscsiadm -m node -T target -I iser -l

to log into the ones bound to iser or

iscsiadm -m node -T target -I default -l

to log into the ones bound to tcp (default is for the old tcp no binding).

The default behavior is broken right now. When you do the discovery
command it will bind portals to any module you have loaded so if you
have tcp and iser loaded when you do

iscsiadm -m discovery -t st -p ip:port

it will bind the portals found to tcp and iser when you probably just
want one or the other (iser also loads automatically by the iscsi
scripts so it might always be loaded). I was trying to figure out a way
to make bnx2i and iser binding easier.

> and I can't get the hang of the "-m iface" syntax.
>
> This commit suggests that I'm in over my head:
>
>     commit 0f1e48cfc07ac5031bf9a4a60487fcb46a46b791
>     Author: Mike Christie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>     Date:   Sun Apr 20 22:15:32 2008 -0500
>
>     Do not allow iface setting to be changed in node mode.
>
>     This temporarily breaks iscsi_discovery and probably other apps
>     for distros that wanted to set iface.transport_name. In the
>     patch to add default a iser iface we broke node.transport_name,
>     so this means there is no backward compat for that setting
>     and you must use the new default iser iface.
>
>     Before this is released we will add some compat code somewhere and
>     fix up the check in iscsiadm for iface settings based on Dorn's patch.
>
> Are you talking about Doron's parameter categorization work?

Yeah.