Wanted to update on this issues again ...

> It just means that userspace tried to set a feature the kernel did not
> support. It is not serious.
>
> If there was nothing before that first line about the kernel reporting a
> connection error, then the target could have initiated this. Do you see
> anything in the target logs? What target is this again?

Target is:  Centos51 box also.  We have noticed this to happen on this
one client (centos51 also) every 2-3 days ... This client seems to do
a lot of FS-related testing, not against the iscsiRoot I/O to another
FS-mounted system.  No messages in the target logs pertaining to this
particular client and its iscsi target.

Today the same symptom occurred again, I was able to scribble the
messages in the console ... (now, I have a terminal server console
hooked-up and I'm capturing its output in file so I will have a more
complete logging info):

psid 0 of 1
psid 0 of 1
oversize name in 0000
psid 0 of 1
psid 0 of 1

readdir corruption in 000
psid 0 of 1
readdir corruption in 000

iscsi: cmd 0x2a is not queued (6)
end_request: I/O error dev sde; sector 50640

Buffer I/O error on device sde1, logical block 6323 last page write
due to I/O error on sde 1
iscsi: cmd 0x2a is not queued (6)
Aborting journal on device sde1
iscsi: cmd 0x2a is not queued (6)
sd 6:0:0:0 rejection I/O to device being mounted (this repeats a few times)

EXT3-fs error (device sde1): ext3_find_entry: reading directory 96001 offset 0

-------

I upgraded this server with a new iscsiRoot image that incorporates
Mike's suggestion to increase timeout specific for iscsiRoot type
connections ... would it be possible inaccessibility of root device is
possibly cause by this?

thanks in advance,

- aspasia.