On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 05:24:15AM -0700, HIMANSHU wrote:

> For measuring performance,I tried changing block sizes in
> "dd"..........
>
> How to change MTU's?

ifconfig ethX mtu 9000

But you MUST do that before you use that interface for iSCSI connection.
Otherwise
iSCSI will not take advantage of the higher Ethernet frame size.

However, I don't think this is going to help you (you might see a 2%
improvement).
Your bottleneck isn't the network but rather the disks you have on your target.
If you can upgrade those to 15K RPM ones and maybe even tweak the dirty pages
writeback
policy/cache size that could help a lot in the performance (Google for 'pdflush
dirty
pages tweaks'). Furthermore you can turn also turn of datagram checksuming
(and not use CRC32) which will lower the CPU usage (but that might back-fire if
your switches/cables are low quality and you need to re-transmit the data).