HIMANSHU wrote:
> Yeah.This worked for me.I specified 'node.startup=manual' in
> 'iscsid.conf'.
> so running update command to change it to 'automatic' only on login(or
> I will give option for persistent connection across reboot).
> But my problem these changes vanish after another discovery command.
>
> I login to one target say TAR1, from 30.51 and fired update command to
> change 'node.startup' to 'automatic'.
> and then after some time,If I want to login to another target from
> 30.51,I need to fire discovery command,which will make 'node.startup'
> of TAR1 changed to 'manual' again due to 'iscsid.conf'.

You can pass the discovery commands some flags to indicated how you want
it to manage the db.

iscsiadm -m discovery -t st -p ip -o new

will just add new target portals that are not in the db.

iscsiadm -m discovery -t st -p ip -o delete
will delete target portals that are in the db but no longer returned by
the target in sendtargets discvoery.

iscsiadm -m discovery -t st -p ip -o update
  was supposed to update target portal records that are in the db and
returned by sendtargets using the iscsid.conf info. I checked the code
today and it actually updates existing records and will add new ones
using the iscsid.conf info.

Then you can pass in combos. I think you want
iscsiadm -m discovery -t st -p ip -o new -o delete
this will add new records for new target portals, and delete records for
targets no longer returned by the target, and for existing portals it
will not update the records so your existing record settings will not be
overwritten.