On 07/24/2009 03:42 AM, Joris wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm new to iscsi and ran into an authentication error with errocode
> 02/01 (target).

Could you send the entire error message?

And could you send the output of

iscsiadm -m node -T your_target -p ip

> I've succeeded in manually creating a login using -m session but this
> session hangs in the Session State: Unknown of which no recovery seems
> possible upto now.

Session state unknown just means the kernel does not export that info.
It probably would have been better to use a different work there.

What does it say for the other states?

> As i did not want to reboot the machine. I've tried about everything i
> could find upto manually triggering the sdb device to delete ( echo 1
>> /sys/.... )
>
> To my surprise the CHAP authentication on an open-e DSS ( www.open-e.com
> ) target fails on multiple machines. I've not yet found a way to track
> down any specific bug reports regarding so any reference is welcome.
>
> For now the only correlation i've found is the open-iscsi version used
> which is ...-868
>
> Attempts to compile the ...-871 tarball were unsuccessfull. This is
> not the no-brainer as the README suggests.

You probably need to get the kernel-devel package. Just to make the user
stuff, if you do "make user" does that work?

Here is the current code ported to RHEL 5.4
http://people.redhat.com/mchristi/iscsi/rhel5.4/iscsi-initiator-utils/