Hi Mike,

In the meantime i've kind of got it to work but i feel like acting
blind.

I've not followed any of the steps i've found in the documentation
across the web.

Instead i've used

1. iscsistart ....
2. partitioned the newly created device

mounted it and that's it

Now i wonder what's going on if this demands such an exception.

- - - requested output, credentials obfuscated ---

iscsiadm -m node -T mytarget -p 11.22.33.44
# BEGIN RECORD 2.0-868
node.name = mytarget
node.tpgt = -1
node.startup = manual
iface.hwaddress = default
iface.iscsi_ifacename = default
iface.net_ifacename = default
iface.transport_name = tcp
node.discovery_address = <empty>
node.discovery_port = 0
node.discovery_type = static
node.session.initial_cmdsn = 0
node.session.initial_login_retry_max = 2
node.session.cmds_max = 128
node.session.queue_depth = 32
node.session.auth.authmethod = CHAP
node.session.auth.username = myusername
node.session.auth.password = ********
node.session.auth.username_in = myusername
node.session.auth.password_in = ********
node.session.timeo.replacement_timeout = 120
node.session.err_timeo.abort_timeout = 15
node.session.err_timeo.lu_reset_timeout = 30
node.session.err_timeo.host_reset_timeout = 60
node.session.iscsi.FastAbort = Yes
node.session.iscsi.InitialR2T = Yes
node.session.iscsi.ImmediateData = Yes
node.session.iscsi.FirstBurstLength = 262144
node.session.iscsi.MaxBurstLength = 16776192
node.session.iscsi.DefaultTime2Retain = 0
node.session.iscsi.DefaultTime2Wait = 2
node.session.iscsi.MaxConnections = 1
node.session.iscsi.MaxOutstandingR2T = 1
node.session.iscsi.ERL = 0
node.conn[0].address = 11.22.33.44
node.conn[0].port = 3260
node.conn[0].startup = manual
node.conn[0].tcp.window_size = 524288
node.conn[0].tcp.type_of_service = 0
node.conn[0].timeo.logout_timeout = 15
node.conn[0].timeo.login_timeout = 15
node.conn[0].timeo.auth_timeout = 45
node.conn[0].timeo.noop_out_interval = 5
node.conn[0].timeo.noop_out_timeout = 5
node.conn[0].iscsi.MaxRecvDataSegmentLength = 131072
node.conn[0].iscsi.HeaderDigest = None,CRC32C
node.conn[0].iscsi.IFMarker = No
node.conn[0].iscsi.OFMarker = No
# END RECORD