On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 11:48:31AM -0600, Kyle Schmitt wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 8:52 PM, Mike Christie <micha...@cs.wisc.edu> wrote:
> >> So far single connections work: If I setup the box to use one NIC, I
> >> get one connection and can use it just fine.
> > Could you send the /var/log/messages for when you run the login command
> > so I can see the disk info?
>
> Sorry for the delay.  In the meanwhile I tore down the server and
> re-configured it using ethernet bonding.  It worked, according to
> iozone, provided moderately better throughput than the single
> connection I got before.  Moderately.  Measurably.  Not significantly.

If you have just a single iscsi connection/login from the initiator to the
target, then you'll have only one tcp connection, and that means bonding
won't help you at all - you'll be only able to utilize one link of the
bond.

bonding needs multiple tcp/ip connections for being able to give more
bandwidth.

> I tore it down after that and reconfigured again using MPIO, and funny
> enough, this time it worked.  I can access the lun now using two
> devices (sdb and sdd), and both ethernet devices that connect to iscsi
> show traffic.
>
> The weird thing is that aside from writing bonding was measurably
> faster than MPIO.  Does that seem right?

That seems a bit weird.

How did you configure multipath? Please paste your multipath settings.

-- Pasi