On 12/30/2009 11:48 AM, Kyle Schmitt wrote:
On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 8:52 PM, Mike Christie<micha...@cs.wisc.edu>  wrote:
So far single connections work: If I setup the box to use one NIC, I
get one connection and can use it just fine.
Could you send the /var/log/messages for when you run the login command
so I can see the disk info?

Sorry for the delay.  In the meanwhile I tore down the server and
re-configured it using ethernet bonding.  It worked, according to
iozone, provided moderately better throughput than the single
connection I got before.  Moderately.  Measurably.  Not significantly.

I tore it down after that and reconfigured again using MPIO, and funny
enough, this time it worked.  I can access the lun now using two
devices (sdb and sdd), and both ethernet devices that connect to iscsi
show traffic.

The weird thing is that aside from writing bonding was measurably
faster than MPIO.  Does that seem right?

With MPIO are you seeing the same throughput you would see if you only used one path at a time?