I'm running an iscsi root partition for a CentOS machine running a
2.6.18-53 kernel. Every couple of days I get the error:

connection1:0 detected conn error (1011)
session1: session recovery timed out after 400 sec

I compiled the open-iscsi 2.0-871 user tools and kernel modules from
source obtained from open-iscsi.org. I custom packaged the initrd to
contain the iscsistart binary and the kernel modules from v871. I've
zeroed out the noop timeout setting and the noop interval.

The disconnect is not reproducible, but does occur at random about
every other day. I'm assuming that the target (IET 1.4.19) is not the
issue as a second system that is using the target as an iscsi-root
drive continues to work correctly. What things should I be looking at?
I'm really struggling to understand why this happens, any suggestions
would be greatly appreciated.