Nothing else in the log from iscsid. No mention of a failed reconnect,
although the only log I'm really able to access post failure is dmesg.
Since I'm running a root iscsi, I couldn't get to /var/log/messages
which maybe was a little more verbose? What sort of network problems
might cause this? The "network" in this situation is a simple gigE
switch with about 3 or 4 systems on it. The target and initiator are
on the same subnet, nothing fancy. Is there some additional debug
you'd recommend turning on? Any tips or tricks when running with a
root iscsi drive?

Curiously, if I physically disconnect the ethernet from the initiator
while running, all I/O access is correctly paused without returning I/
O errors. If I then reconnect before the 400s is up things go back to
normal. I don't however see the "detected conn error (1011)" message
in this situation however. Not sure if that really means anything.

Thanks for the help