What version of open-iscsi is this?

What is in the /etc/iscsi/initiatorname.iscsi file?

cat /etc/iscsi/initiatorname.iscsi

Is there something like

InitiatorName=iqn.2001-12.somename.somethingelse

?

If not then does your distro have a iscsiname or iscsi-iname tool? If
not then just add a name to that file. The "InitiatorName=" is required.
After that, add something like

InitiatorName=iqn.2012-12.com.your_hostname:something_unique

That name must be unique for each initiator you have. So every box you
have iscsi installed on must have a different name.