On 1/12/15, 2:20 PM, Mike Christie wrote:
On 01/12/2015 01:50 PM, Mike Christie wrote:
On 01/12/2015 01:42 PM, Chris Leech wrote:
On Mon, Jan 12, 2015 at 01:33:23PM -0600, Mike Christie wrote:
I'm not sure we can remove bind_ep if we still want to support the
cxgb3i and bnx2i general iface names.

I am not sure what you mean here. Are saying you can use cxgbi and bnx2i but
not specify a iface name that is associated with a specific cxgbi/bnx2i nic?
That has never been supported. Does it work ok?

I honestly don't know, but the iscsiadm man page claims you can (but it
also says it's experimental)

Where in the man page is this? It is wrong and should be removed or
someone should test it out at least.

Ah, ok, I found it in the man page. I implemented this for iser, but
never did it for bnx2i and cxgb*i. I have no idea why. It might have
been due to the upstream comments or maybe some other reason. I can't
remember. Will fix it or test it.

Ha yeah, I guess I might have implemented it but never merged it, because of how the upstream review went.

For bnx2i, it cannot work because we needed to set the net settings, but for cxbi, because it was able to get in the ability to share the normal nic net settings, it could work if we implemented the missing userspace pieces.

Will just fix up the man page to reflect it is not supported since I do not have cxgbi cards right now.

Chelsio, if you want to support this just send a patch. It would simplify setup for your driver for the user.

Broadcom/qlogic, feel free to implement kernel and userspace support if you can get upstream to merge kernel support like how cxgbi did.