On 02/18/2016 12:01 AM, Chris Leech wrote:
This is in response to the previous discussions about login times when scaling
out to thousands of sessions.

I'm still looking at converting to libudev, but it's going to be a big enough
change that I thought it might make sense to just remove the attr_list on it's
own first. Sysfs paths are rarely re-read without clearing the list first
anyway, and after a few hundred sessions operations become CPU bound on doing
strcmp against every item in the list.

Watchout when converting to libudev.
The attributes read via libudev are cached, so you won't be getting any updates. Caused me grief without end for multipathing. In the end I wrote my own wrappers for attributes which may change on the fly.

Cheers,

Hannes
--
Dr. Hannes Reinecke                   zSeries & Storage
h...@suse.de                          +49 911 74053 688