Hmmm I couldn’t find anything about this in the stinit docs.

Dave

From: open-iscsi@googlegroups.com [mailto:open-iscsi@googlegroups.com] On
Behalf Of The Lee-Man
Sent: 03 April 2017 20:05
To: open-iscsi
Subject: Re: LTO-4 iSCSI performance less than expected ...

On Friday, March 31, 2017 at 2:23:30 PM UTC-7, david.partri...@perdrix.co.uk
wrote:

I don't know?  How do I find out?  Should I have it set?

Have you set the Write Immediate Filemark option for the st driver?

There are a couple of ways to enable writing immediate filemarks in the st
driver. One is to use the MTWEOFI ioctl(). If you have access to the source
code for your application, this is a good way to go.

But I added a user-settable option with kernel commit
c743e44fbb1f8668941e83de07662b1ecd33d083. It allows you to tell the st driver
to write immediate file marks by setting a sysfs attribute.