On Friday, April 14, 2017 at 4:31:05 AM UTC-7,
david.partri...@perdrix.co.uk wrote:

> Let's try another tack.
>
> Will "mt-st -f /dev/st0l /stoptions 35" turn on MTWEOFI?
>
> Dave

Hi Dave:

I don't know. I download mt-st, which I've never seen before, and perhaps
you mean:

> # mt-st -f <TAPE-PATH> setstoptions <FLAG-VALUE>

But the flag value is not "35". I believe you would want the value of
MT_ST_NOWAIT_EOF,
which is 0x8000. If I had a tape drive and more time I'd test it, but I do
not.