Matthieu-

Note that there shouldn't be any problem with running against a directory versus a jar (I do it all the time), so there is probably some environment issue.

Can you post your persistence.xml? If you write a little main() method that just does: System.out.println(getClass().getResource("/ META-INF/persistence.xml"), what does it show?