Matthieu-

Hmm ... the persistence.xml file is fine (I just tried it locally). I think the error "No Persistence provider for EntityManager named ode- store" is coming from javax.persistence.Persistence not being able to load org.apache.openjpa.persistence.PersistenceProviderImpl.

Are you sure the OpenJPA jar (and all its required dependencies) are in your CLASSPATH? Can you send us the setting of your classpath?

If you write a main() method that just tries "new org.apache.openjpa.persistence.PersistenceProviderImpl()", what happens?