FYI, Persistence is an open source project at Glassfish.

Anyone, even an OpenJPA contributor, who wants to contribute to the project for example to improve the error messages, is welcome to look at the sources and provide a patch. I know people who will be happy to commit usability patches. ;-)

Craig

On Apr 10, 2007, at 1:54 PM, Pinaki Poddar wrote:

The error message could have been more specific in the following way:
a) no META-INF/persistence.xml has not been found in classpath
b) META-INF/persistence.xml has been found but there is no 'ode-store'
unit defined in it.
c)  META-INF/persistence.xml has been found but provider can not be
loaded/invoked

When I first encountered this error, my interpreation was (b) from the
way the message was worded.

Pinaki Poddar
BEA Systems
415.402.7317

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jacek
Laskowski
Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2007 2:52 PM
To: open-jpa-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Testing an OpenJPA module

On 4/10/07, Marc Prud'hommeaux <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Glad you got it fixed. It's annoying that
javax.persistence.Persistence doesn't provide more of a clue as to why

it failed.

I wonder what else you'd like to see other than what's already printed
out? It tells exactly why it's failed - "No Persistence provider for
EntityManager named ode-store" is just a JPA version of
"NoClassDefFoundError" in "pure" Java.

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.JacekLaskowski.pl

Notice: This email message, together with any attachments, may contain information of BEA Systems, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, that may be confidential, proprietary, copyrighted and/or legally privileged, and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named in this message. If you are not the intended recipient, and have received this message in error, please immediately return this by email and then delete it.

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!