I notice you found some files with no license headers at all.

I had actually known those files existed, but I didn't know if the format supported comments. They were services files, and I investigated and found that our services parser actually does support comments. However, the parser in javax.persistence.Persistence (that parses the META-INF/javax.persistence.spi.PersistenceProvider file) surprisingly doesn't support comments, so I had to leave the license out of that file.