Hi,

You're correct that SCAP Security Guide was not shipped as a package in Ubuntu
16.04, but it is
shipped in Ubuntu 18.04.

The file “U_Canonical_16-04_LTS_V1R1_STIG.zip" is a different content, which
isn't provided by
SCAP Security Guide project, but is provided by DISA.

Regards

Jan Černý
Security Technologies | Red Hat, Inc.