Hi Bruno,

you are on the latest versions, so that makes me scratch my head. There
was a problem with the new DISA STIG Viewer references inside the
security-guide. It was already fixed inside openscap.

Details can be found here:

https://lists.fedorahosted.org/archives/list/scap-security-gu...@lists.fedorahosted.org/thread/SEUROBIB35TEENZCUK7XTPYPFSK32VKZ/

Can you check which reference is used inside your XCCDF profile?

Regards,
Alex~

On Fri, Oct 25, 2019 at 01:18:23PM +0000, Bruno Czenczelewski wrote:
> The output of the --stig-viewer option does not contain test results when
> used with latest (0.1.46) version of the security-guide. I'm using the latest
> (1.3.2, from the maint-1.3 branch) version of the openscap tools downloaded
> from the github-openscap repo.
>
> oscap -V
> OpenSCAP command line tool (oscap) 1.3.2
> Copyright 2009--2018 Red Hat Inc., Durham, North Carolina.
>
> ==== Supported specifications ====
> XCCDF Version: 1.2
> OVAL Version: 5.11.1
> CPE Version: 2.3
> CVSS Version: 2.0
> CVE Version: 2.0
> Asset Identification Version: 1.1
> Asset Reporting Format Version: 1.1
> CVRF Version: 1.1
>

> The resulting output file is missing the "rule-result" section when compared
> to using the 0.1.44 version of the security-guide:
>
>   <rule-result idref="SV-87813r2_rule" time="2019-10-23T20:05:59"
> severity="medium" weight="1.000000">
>     <result>pass</result>
>     <ident system="https://nvd.nist.gov/cce/index.cfm";>CCE-80436-9</ident>
>     <check system="http://oval.mitre.org/XMLSchema/oval-definitions-5";>
>       <check-content-ref
> name="oval:ssg-mount_option_noexec_remote_filesystems:def:1"
> href="ssg-rhel7-oval.xml"/>
>     </check>
>   </rule-result>
>

> Thanks for any guidance.
>
> Bruno Czenczelewski
>

> <http://www.fibermountain.com>
> [cid:FMIDec2016.png]
>

> Bruno Czenczelewski
>

> br...@fibermountain.com
>

> 352 Knotter Drive
> Cheshire, CT06410
> www.fibermountain.com
>

> [cid:redline.jpg]
>

> P. (203) 806-4040
> C. (203) 806-4040
> F. (845) 358-7882
>

> Disclaimer: The information contained in this communication is confidential,
> may be privileged and is intended for the exclusive use of the above named
> addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient(s), you are expressly
> prohibited from copying, distributing, disseminating, or in any other way
> using any information contained within this communication. If you have
> received this communication in error, please contact the sender by telephone
> or by response via mail. We have taken precautions to minimize the risk of
> transmitting software viruses, but we advise you to carry out your own virus
> checks on this message, as well as any attachments. We cannot accept
> liability for any loss or damage caused by software viruses.

Alexander Bergmann <abergm...@suse.com>
Security Engineer, GPG: E30A 65A4 0F50 0066 B2B5  F614 DE54 E875 9FFA 4886
SUSE Software Solutions Germany GmbH
Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nuremberg, Germany
(HRB 36809, AG Nürnberg)
Managing Director: Felix Imendörffer