On Nov 29, 2004, at 3:40 PM, Todd M. Lewis wrote:

Derek Atkins wrote:
Matthew Cocker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
v) are groups of groups possible?
I know there were patches available to make this happen.  I do not
know if they were ever merged back into the openafs mainline.

Wow. Was this a server- or client-side thing? Would this cause strangeness in a mixed OpenAFS/TransarcAFS environment (like ours), our would groups-of-groups play nice but with limited utility on the TransarcAFS clients?

I think your fileserver would be more of a problem than your client is, since the client doesn't actually do anything with the ptserver. (supposed your talking about accessing files and not managing pt entries)

Horst