On Mon, 9 Apr 2007, Steve Devine wrote:
 You create a volume (vos create) on the server you want to use and then
 you mount that somewhere (fs mkm). I suggest you create one volume for
 each user, one for each project etc. And make sure replicate all volumes
 that need not be updated too often like, root.afs, root.cell, home (in
 which you mount all user's home volumes) and so on.

I would reconsider making home dirs replicas. I don't know how many users you will have but do you want to be releasing their vols all the time?

He did not suggest replication user-homes. But it is really recommended
not to have a single point of failure mountpoint down to the leaves of
the mount-tree. If one has really that much users, that releasing the
volume with the mountpoints of the user-volumes has to take place too
often, then splitting the content of home to different volumes seems to
be a good idea.

Chris
--
Mitarbeiter an der TU Chemnitz, Fak.f. Informatik, Professur VSR
Buero: Str. d. Nationen 62, B204, D-09111 Chemnitz