FWIW, I've been running 1.6.1 (not 1.6.2 though) on production KDCs since June 28. Everything seems to be working fine. I can get tokens via kinit/aklog and plain klog (using fakeka).

The KDCs currently run Solaris, but that's going to change "real soon now" once I've have had a chance to fully test our new Debian KDCs.

Cheers, Stephen
--
Stephen Joyce
Systems Administrator                                            P A N I C

 Some people make the world turn and others just watch it spin.
   -- Jimmy Buffet