TSM 6.1 was released last week. We're using the butc plugin for AFS right now with 5.4, though we hope to upgrade to something newer in the not-too-distant future.

Kevin Sumner
ITS Enterprise Storage Management
CB# 1150, 440 W. Franklin Street, Office G409
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-1150

ksum...@unc.edu

919.962.1547 (office)
919.259.9734 (mobile)
919.445.9485 (fax)

Russ Allbery wrote:
"Christopher D. Clausen" <cclau...@acm.org> writes:
Russ Allbery <r...@stanford.edu> wrote:

Not any more.  Tivoli dropped support for AFS.  We have old binaries
that we're still using because they've not broken the API (yet), but I
don't think we're allowed to give them out, and they're not really a
long-term solution for anyone anyway.
I'm fairly certain the TSM 5.1 client here has AFS support (as I use it
now):
ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/storage/tivoli-storage-management/maintenance/client/v5r1/AIX/AIX32bit/v517/

Oh, I didn't realize they still had the 5.1 client available.  Yes, that
approach will work for the time being if that comes with the *.afs binary.

Note, though, that the current version of Tivoli is 5.5, and I'm fairly
sure that later versions no longer include AFS support.  We've been told
by IBM that they do not support it and eventually it will break.