On Thu, 7 May 2009, Jean Praloran wrote:

Hi,

I have a volume which is replicated on several servers. I have run some
tests (basically tcpdump) and noticed that my client where asking only the
RW volume and never the RO, so my replication is kind of useless. For others
volumes such as root.cell there is no problem, does anybody have and idea of
what could happend ?

Hello,

make sure that the volume that contains the mountpoint of the volume in question here is not mounted RW (and that it is, in fact, replicated).
A broken read-only-path is likely the issue here.

Use fs lq to quickly find out just which volume (RO or RW) is accessed at any point in your AFS tree.

HTH
 - Felix