Derrick,

Thanks for your quick response.  Nice to be back in touch after my long
AFS absence.

On 05/14/2010 05:30 PM, Derrick Brashear wrote:
On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 5:20 PM, Rick Cochran <r...@cornell.edu> wrote:
MacOS client (both 1.4.12 and 1.5.73)

   * There is no uninstaller.

there's one in the dmg, and has been since about 1.4.6

Duh.  No wonder I couldn't find it!

   * If the installation requires a restart (which it says it does),

it doesn't require one. recent installers should also not say it does.

Missed that.  But which versions should I be using - the maintenance
releases which say "RECOMMENDED", or the features releases?

Kernel panic

To reproduce:

  1. In the System Preferences OpenAfs panel, click Shutdown.  Nothing
happens.
  2. Any additional action (click Shutdown again or restart MacOS) causes a
panic.

fixed in 1.5.74. you want  that or 1.5.74.1 anyway. not 1.5.73, to be sure.

Many more details on the mac client here:
http://lists.openafs.org/pipermail/port-darwin/2010-February/001270.html

http://openafs.org/macos.html shows different versions of the AFS client
for different versions of MacOS.  How does a fix in 1.5.74.1 (for Snow
Leopard) help me with a problem in Leopard?

-Rick