No.  I think we experienced a case of "broken for other, temporary,
non-obvious reasons".

On 05/14/2010 06:30 PM, Derrick Brashear wrote:
is /usr/vice symlinked to /usr/afs or vice-versa perhaps?

On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 6:22 PM, Rick Cochran <r...@cornell.edu> wrote:
Addressing this issue separately:

Derrick and Andrew are undoubtedly correct - /usr/vice/etc/krb.conf is not
used.

/usr/afs/etc/krb.conf works as described in the URL below.  It was necessary
for us since our cell name does not correspond to our Kerberos realm.

Oddly, we could not get authentication to work properly until we added the
/usr/vice/etc/krb.conf file.  I think this comes under the category of "I
scratched my nose and it broke, so I wiggled my ears and it started
working."

-Rick