On Sep 30, 2010, at 4:09 PM, Robert Milkowski wrote:

> Why does it matter for you if ZFS is being developed in open or not?

Can't speak for anybody else, but w/r/t umich and AFS it's likely a matter of
cost. We can build and run oAFS on white boxes a helluva lot cheaper than we
can do it on purchased Sun/Oracle anything. I'm keeping nexenta in mind as a
possible solution, but our next significant hardware/software roll is a year or
two away. When we hit that point, we'll see what the world looks like.