On Dec 17, 2010, at 10:50 AM, Matt W. Benjamin wrote:

> Someone should mention that Michigan has built some kind of infrastructure
> around incremental volume shadowing, which should be a pretty efficient
> approach given what OpenAFS gives you to work with...  I don't know how you
> go about getting/using that (if if you can)...

Unfortunately the system is (was) only partially built. Due to the state of the
State being 'broke', no resources were going into the remaining critical
pieces. Dan Hyde and I should really write up where that work stands and what
pieces still need done. With any luck someone with time and commitment will say
'oh wow!' and finish the work.