On 2011-03-03 at 11:05, Andrew Deason ( adea...@sinenomine.net ) said:
On Tue, 1 Mar 2011 22:23:34 -0600
Andrew Deason <adea...@sinenomine.net> wrote:

The problem with the recovery is (probably) that the salvager doesn't
properly inform the fileserver when it destroys a volume, so the
erroneous volume state prevents you from doing anything with the
volume after it's destroyed. I need to test that behavior out tomorrow
and see what happens.

This is what happens, and can be easily seen if you corrupt the header
for a clone, try to access it, and try to recreate it after the salvager
deletes it. Gerrit 4117-4120 have been submitted to fix this.

Excellent. So I guess the remaining question is: how did the header get corrupted in the first place.

I'll be sure to keep a closer eye on things next time I see this. I've seen this twice on two completely different systems (my home machine, and a production fileserver at work, both after upgrading to 1.6 [and I think they were both pre2]), so I'm sure I'll see it again, just a matter of time.

--andy