On 2011-03-07 at 11:27, Andrew Deason ( adea...@sinenomine.net ) said:
On Fri, 4 Mar 2011 16:23:34 -0500 (EST)
Andy Cobaugh <phale...@gmail.com> wrote:

Volume name in question is pub.m.rpmforge. The .backup volume in
particular. This volume was backup'd this morning at approx. 0005, with
this output from vos backup:

Failed to end the transaction on the rw volume 536873153
____: server not responding promptly
Error in vos backup command.
____: server not responding promptly

Does this happen often enough that you could tell me if a patch makes it
go away? I'd like to know if this fixes it (it'll apply to 1.6.0pre2
with a little fuzz):
<http://git.openafs.org/?p=openafs.git;a=commitdiff_plain;h=69077559a7fc5784445ed56a2bfd613a5bb4174b>

I'd like to wait for it to happen one more time before calling it a problem. I'll try that if it happens again. Given the frequency that this has happened, I wouldn't be surprised if it happens again before wednesday.

--andy