On 2/11/2012 7:02 PM, muayad y wrote:
when maxPacketSize has been uncommented, it did change  rx_connection struct behavoir,  rx_connection is being called on vos (userspace code)
Or I am not reading the header correctly?

The 'maxPacketSize' field is not used by anything in the source tree.  If it were used, the source code would not have compiled while it was part of the structure.

Are you seeing the same performance issues with the 1.6 version of 'vos'?

Can you confirm that commenting out the field and rebuilding restores the slow transmission speed with the 1.4 vos?

If the answer is 'yes' to the previous question, instead of removing the comment from maxPacketSize, do you see a similar performance benefit if you add a new field later in the structure?  Perhaps after 'refCount' or 'securityIndex'?

As Simon said, if there is a problem with how this structure is being processed, we probably have a similar problem throughout the code base.   It is important for us to understand what the cause of the problem is.