I think someone mentioned an exclude list as a possible solution to this problem.

What about an include list instead (or in addition to the exclude list)?

I'm envisioning something like CellServDB, but without the actual DB info -- that is effectively a list of robust and/or often-used cells for which you're willing to look up AFSDB/SRV records?

If neither file exists, revert to the current operation.

Just an idea...

PS. Forgive me if someone mentioned that and I overlooked it. While I read all the messages in the thread, I'm often interrupted by work...

Cheers,
Stephen