Quoting Benjamin Kaduk <ka...@mit.edu>:

Passing -t tells k5start to literally run 'aklog' (unless AKLOG is set in
the environment), not /path/to/long-running-command, when it gets tickets.

Well, that's all I want it to do, in addition to keeping a Kerberos ticket alive.

In the mean time, I've actually succeeded in doing what I want, but only for root:

  KT:2345:respawn:/usr/bin/k5start -U -f /etc/krb5.keytab -K 10 -l 24h -t

This creates Kerberos TGT, an AFS service ticket and -- thanks to the -t option -- an AFS token. Now, how can I do this for a user other than root?

Cheers,

Jaap