Am 08.01.2016 um 16:56 schrieb Stephan Wiesand:
> Hi Berthold, long time no see...
>
> On Jan 8, 2016, at 09:45 , Berthold Cogel wrote:
>
>> Somehow a kmod-openafs package got in the RHEL6 x86_64 repos that breaks
>> the update and installation process. I found this package in the repos
>> for 1.6.14..1.6.16
>>
>> It's a module that seems to be build for a kernel 3.18, which is not
>> available for RHEL6. At least not through the official channels:
>>
>> kmod-openafs-1.6.16-1.3.18.21_16.el6.x86_64
>

> sigh. RHEL + external kernel modules is so broken, thanks to the Fedora
> religion :-(
>
> The repositories (packages *and* metadata) are just rsynced from the place
> where Stephen provides them. Omitting select packages and rebuilding the
> metadata is certainly doable but yet more work for which there is no manpower
> available.
>
> I'll see what I can do but please don't hold your breath...
>
> Thanks for the report. At least it proves that some are still using the
> repository.
>
> NB what are you using (or going to use) for EL7?
>
>       Stephan

Hi Stephan,

it has been indeed a long time....

To much work for few people...  and I'm a kind of 'single point of
failure' for our linux environment. That's why I'm still stuck with RHEL6.

I've put an exclude in the repo file:

exclude=kmod-openafs-1.6.16-1.3.18*

And during kickstart I exclude the package with yum -x
kmod-openafs-1.6.16-1.3.18* (haven't tested this one yet...)

Berthold