Am 06.03.2016 um 00:46 schrieb Brandon Allbery:
> That documentation sounds out of date, or possibly just incomplete.
The sequence described in 2.24 doesn't correspond to what you mention...
and to make sense.

> When the client is using an actual root.afs volume, the command you gave will
> only work before a read-only replica has been created and released (vos
> addsite / vos release);
I'm running the command on the first AFS machine where client
functionality is installed in order to minimize issues which might occur
due to client server communication. `vos addsite` and `vos release`
succeed, but don't change the behavior.

It's very hard to figure this out without an explanation. Can the quick
start guide be updated, please?

In the meantime I found
https://lists.openafs.org/pipermail/openafs-info/2008-December/030553.html
which suggest to fix the kerberos key algorithms which I checked.

Thanks for the pointers.

-Kalle